Thursday, August 5, 2010

Really good people.

Dear Ed,

How did I land you.

I mean come on.
Look at yourself.

Your my absolute favorite person.

Dear Internet,

I need a place to live. All I ask for is a private room, with nice clean walls and floor. A place where dishes are done and I can do laundry. I would also like a window. And to live with Melodie. Is that too much to ask.

Yesterday my car broke down on the side of the road, in the middle of the freeway's crazy construction, wouldn't start, and it started raining on me as I stood away from the road by a fence. Yet, it was a great day. Let me tell you why.

Melodie woke me up, I brushed my teeth (that was all), and she drove me to get my car from Ed's parents house. I was driving it the shop in Provo I always go to. Long story short my engine started smoking, I pulled over and my car died. Like literally died. I stood about 15 ft away from my car next to a fence near the frontage road. I had no idea what to do, and then two cyclist rode by and stopped to help. One was part owner of Xango and the other the author of the book The Power of Words. Great men, really good people. They saved me, and I walked away with a free tow for my car, a ride home, a book and a potentially awesome photo job.

The tow guy was so nice and so fast. We had great conversations about dogs. All sorts of em'. I walked into Midas (in Orem) and I was greeted by Lenny. Lenny called me by name and I knew I was in safe hands. I love these guys. I have gone to them with all my car needs in the past two years. They are so honest. The most honest. If you want to know how I know this, ask me. I could write a whole post about it. Lenny told me if I didn't have a ride home that his wife would be bringing him lunch soon and could bring me. Or Vernon would be in soon and he could drive me home as well.

They take care of me at Midas.

One time I didn't go to Midas. That oil change damaged me and my car. I have 3 free oil changes at the other place, but I would rather pay and go to Midas to see Lenny and Vernon.

My life is good.

Sincerely,

Amy Jo


4 comments:

matthew carl nelson said...

Ed is my Han Solo, but you already know that.

erika said...

I like this post very much. And I like you. It's been too long!

Angela said...

do you maybe ever thing that good karma goes around? that you're a GOOD PERSON as well?

Amy Jo said...

Matt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-8cbxRNgQ4

Erika: I MISS YOU. Its been a long Ape time.

Angela: I think you could be on to something. Karma... hmmmm. I could dig that:) Don't leave.