Thursday, July 29, 2010

Just my type.

Let me tell you why typewriters are no longer a dream but a reality in my life. Melodie. My roommate.

I have wanted a typewriter for a while now. Melodie told me her mom had one... after probably driving her crazy, she brought me home a typewriter.

It has been exactly what I needed. Yep you read right. Needed. I needed it. I love the sound, and how I can't erase, and how I have to remember how to spell words. It was one of those creative indulgences I had to give into. I don't really have a reason, other then my heart told me I wanted it. I usually listen to it. At least I try. It usually turns out pretty dang good when I do.



Then, bless her heart, Mel found me my own at DI. 20 buckeroos. I bought it, of course. But I am waiting for new tape. I will post of picture of it once it is more then just aforlookstypewriter.

2 comments:

Angela said...

i have one too! i'm so glad we're becoming more and more alike.

Amy Jo said...

Are we becoming more and more alike or are we just discovering we are pretty much the same?